Friday, April 1, 2011

Figure Drawing Sessions!

So, I had initially planned to continue that last train of thought with that ugly painting I posted last time. Ive been working steadily on it for the last week.

But, I forgot my camera at work the other day. So, Im posting a few images of some of the figure drawings Ive been doing over the last two months.

I've always been a fan of Dr Sketchey's so Ive got a couple of those, but I gave most of them to the models, so they're not my favorites.

SM

SM

SM

Then, Ive also been going to Hip Bone Studio figure drawing sessions on Wednesdays.

SM

SM

SM

SM

Doing all this figure drawing has been really, REALLY helpful, Although it was incredibly frustrating the first two months, Ive been good about making myself go every week, and I cant believe how much easier its been to keep up, not just at the sessions, but for drawing in general. Ive never had the chance to do it before and I cant believe what a difference its been making.

I feel so much more confident now when I have to draw from imagination. You always hear that drawing from life is vital to growing as an artist, well now I understand how true that is!

Next post Ill put up those photos of the progress Im making on that snow painting. Im pretty happy with how its going so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment