Monday, November 21, 2011

Falconer Painting

I started sketching this idea out in like May, but I finally got around to actually painting it last week.
The Drawing
SM

Timidly attempting to add some value
x

Getting a little bolder (Drunker actually) and remembered I was going to try and make it an oil painting, so I could make the under painting as dark as I wanted.
x


Im trying to figure out a good system for oil painting for me and I see a lot of oil painters start their pieces with a mid tone. I do most of my drawings that way, so it kind of made sense, but Im so used to using watercolor and ink that I think I was a little afraid at first.

If I get all my work done tonight I want to start with oil paints tomorrow (yeah, right. Pig'll be flying through my studio).

No comments:

Post a Comment